Births, marriages, fatalities and nationality Organise a wedding

Births, marriages, fatalities and nationality Organise a wedding

Providing notice of wedding

For legal reasons you need to provide a notice of wedding, that is a formal statement of one’s intention to marry. You may be both needed to offer a notice of wedding and there is a fee that is standard this. You must give notice to the Manchester Registration Service if you live in Manchester. If either or the two of you reside in another region, then chances are you must give your notice(s) at the local register office(s) unless encouraged otherwise, for instance if either of you is just a non-EEA National.

Before providing notice you have to have resided when you look at the region what your location is offering notice, for at the least seven days that are full.

The wedding is only able to happen during the location you title in the notice of wedding. So you need to have chosen your venue before you give notice if you change the venue you will have to give, and pay for, updated notices of marriage. You can easily provisionally book your ceremony as much as 2 yrs ahead of time, if it’s happening in an authorized premises in Manchester, or perhaps into the Pankhurst Suite.

Steps to make a notice visit.

Then the easiest way to book your appointment is to use our online booking system – please have your credit or debit card to hand, as payment will be needed to secure your booking if you live within the Manchester registration district, or need to visit a designated register office and wish to use Manchester Register Office. Continue reading “Births, marriages, fatalities and nationality Organise a wedding”